Stop and look around...

In the immortal words of Ferris Bueller...

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

He was so right. I think about where I was even a year ago and how much my life has changed...how much my kids have changed...and I wonder how all that can happen in the space of 365 days.

I need to slow down. Take better notes. Share the little things that make up our life -- not just the big events. (Don't worry...you won't see any photos of my laundry or dirty dishes. I don't need to remember those.)

So as I stop and look around today, here are a few things that are making me very happy right now:

Iced Green Tea from Starbucks
I love iced tea of any kind, but this Green Tea has a little touch of mint and it's very refreshing! The fact that it's shaken, not stirred, makes me feel kind of fancy (like James Bond)!




Toms Wedges
Seriously my favorite shoes right now -- so comfy! Why didn't I jump on the Toms bandwagon earlier? And more important, which color should I get next?



Bluebonnets
The only redeeming factor of my commute to work is that these gorgeous wildflowers are literally EVERYWHERE right now. I wish they would stick around longer, but the truth is they'll be pretty much gone in a few weeks. I'll certainly enjoy them while they last!

Photo from Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hellamike81/7012895149/in/photostream/


Charming Charlie
It's not enough that they have a bazillion different accessories: earrings, scarves, handbags, belts, watches, etc. No. They had to go and sort the whole place by COLOR! If it weren't for my kids saying "can we go home now?" I would be in there for hours upon hours.


Fashion Star
I really didn't want to like this TV show, but it sucked me in. It's pretty fun seeing clothes come down the runway that I could actually buy and wear. Unfortunately, this could get expensive. I ordered these shorts from last week's show...


And in case you're wondering, I'm taking a little break from F.R.A.K. this week because I need to do a little more sorting to find out what I still have to give away. Come back next Friday, and I promise I'll have something fun up for grabs!

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Life definitely does move too fast! I wish it would slow down too. Love the bluebonnets. We don't have anything like that up here.

Barbara Greenberg said...

What a great post. Loved reading it. I watched Fashion Star last week and one designer had some really cute dresses.
Enjoy your week.

Sherri said...

exactly what they were hoping for - too suck you in and get you to order something!! LOL

Post a Comment