Mothers Day Card Inspiration

Though I've been making cards for several years, it was only about a year ago that I felt confident enough in my skills to skip the trips to Hallmark and actually start giving out my handmade creations. It's kind of a scary thing to create something for someone else. Scrapbooking is for me. I'm the customer. If I like it, it's all good. Cardmaking is different because it's ultimately the recipient that you want to please. I think: will they like what I made? Will they think I'm just too cheap to buy them a nice card?

What I've learned is that the recipients (including my mom, aunt, friends...even my dad) seem to really appreciate the fact that I'm giving them something I spent the time and energy to create. Never mind that it isn't "Hallmark-perfect" -- it's from the heart, and that makes them feel every bit as special as I want them to.

Since Mothers' Day is just around the corner, I created a card for my mom with the Anthologie collection from We R Memory Keepers.



The patterns in this collection have a beautiful vintage feel -- perfect for the occasion. And the oval doily was a great finishing touch.



If you'd like to see my card-making process in action, take a look at this video.



You still have time to create your own beautiful Mothers' Day card. I'd love to see what you make, so feel free to leave me a link in the comments, and I'll come check it out!


Supplies used in this project:


1 comment:

adele holcomb said...

Who wouldn't feel special receiving a beautiful card like that? Glad you've joined the ranks of cardmakers too!

See mine at: http://adeleholcomb.blogspot.com/2012/05/mothers-day-cards.html

Post a Comment