And now for something a little different...

Yes, it's been a while since I've blogged. I've been out of town (we went to Vegas for hubby's class reunion) and, since I've been home, I've been working on PTA stuff in my spare time. It's my first year on the PTA (and coincidentally, my older daughter's first year of elementary school -- she starts Kindergarten in three weeks!), and not surprisingly, I've underestimated the amount of time that will be required of my PTA commitment. Oh well...it's for the best, right?

But back to the important stuff -- scrapbooking. Well, sort of. My project this week was a set of gift tags for a swap on 2Peas. I haven't done too many swaps, but I find they push me to be more creative, so I want to do more. These gift tags were also my first foray into heat embossing and, I must say, I think I'm hooked! It's much easier than I thought, and the effect is really cool.

So here are the tags. I used Piggy Tales papers, and the stamps (both the butterfly and the "thinking of you") are Hero Arts.



I was having so much fun with the gift tags that I decided to do something totally crazy (for me, at least) and make some matching cards. See, I'm mostly a scrapbook layout girl. I don't really do cards. But I had leftover paper and an extra embossed butterfly, so I figured "what the heck?"


I'm a bit biased, of course, but I think these are pretty darn cute. I might actually be brave enough to give them to someone!

8 comments:

Staci said...

They are lovely! You did a great job! :-)

Nancywithajones said...

OHHHH those are sooo cute!
I did the pta thing when Bella was in 4K OMG they just about ran me ragged. It was like a full time job. I worked I THINK HARDER. I did pta and Was a room mom. I was exhausted rofl.

Jennifer Davis said...

I actually just got that butterfly stamp two days ago! =) Can't wait to play with it, you've given me lots of inspiration. Beautiful project, thanks for sharing!

mean mom productions said...

Cool bags. I never volunteer for the PTA. I don't do politics and my DH won't help out either..

Hugs..I will be room mom which is on the food chain.

ellen s. said...

totally cute! i love that trim

Anonymous said...

Really cute!
P.S. Thanks for adding me to your list of blogs! :) Let me return the favour...

Cassie said...

hi robyn from PP!!
you have a great blog - love your layouts!!! esp. the liberty belles one and the black with a pop of red from the beginning!!

these cards are really cute - and since i'm more of a cardmaker than a scrapper .... i think you should be proud of them and send them off to make someone's day!

Heather Getson said...

Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous tags, Robyn!

Post a Comment