Back to School!

The past few days have been a whirlwind of shopping, laundry and labeling. But this morning, all the effort paid off when I went in the girls' bedroom to wake them up and they hopped right out of their beds, excited to get dressed and go to school. I wonder how long this will last.

Coincidentally, today is the first day of the release party for Imaginisce's new "Geek is Chic" school-themed line. If you haven't been over to the blog today, be sure to check out the projects and the giveaway.

This line was perfect for my back-to-school mindset, and I created this mini book to show off all the photos I took this morning (which I'll be adding in soon):

I cut the double-sided papers to 6" x 6" and glued two of them together to create thicker pages. Then I stitched around the edge with my sewing machine, switching to a zig-zag stitch in some places.

I made the little paper clip by adding a canvas sticker to the top of a store-bought paper clip, then gluing some patterned paper to the back and trimming around the shape.


I kept the inside pages fairly simple because I figured some of the at-school photos would have a lot going on in the background.


To create the glasses, I used the die-cut and trimmed out the centers. Then I added patterned paper to show through the lenses.


Next up is a layout I created about Avery's obsession with reading. It makes me so happy to see her curled up reading a book, especially when it's a Beverly Cleary book that I read when I was in school.

I cut the heart on my Cricut, then used my sewing machine to stitch around the edge.



The patterned papers in this line are so much fun to use as backgrounds, especially the lined paper. Here's a non-school layout I created using some of the papers, along with the i-rock tool and Fabric Roly Rosies.


I misted one of the Neutral Fabric Roly Rosies to make it match the other colors in the layout. Then I hand-cut two leaves from the green paper to accent it. And there's another one of those red paper clips. They work so perfectly with this line!



Don't forget to check out the rest of the projects on the Imaginisce blog over the next few days for more back-to-school inspiration.


4 comments:

Kathleen said...

LOve it! I need to try stitching more often. It is so cute!

adele holcomb said...

These are adorable projects, Robyn! Cute pp line -- makes me wish I still had school age children....hours of homework, waking them up, making lunches, signing permission slips...on second thought, maybe not!

Linda said...

Love the I Write page

Keshet said...

Love what you did with the line, Robyn! So bright and cute!!

Post a Comment