Fresh starts

There's something wonderful about waking up on January 1 -- especially when I didn't stay out too late or drink too much wine on New Year's Eve. Yes, I went to bed early this year, satisfied that I'd accomplished everything I needed to do in 2011. And when I woke up the next day, I felt happy and satisfied and very, very blessed.

Maybe it was my One Little Word taking effect. Or maybe it was just a quiet morning that I didn't wake up with a child or dog laying on me. Either way, it felt like a fresh start.

So far, 2012 is looking really good. There are many things I'm looking forward to like watching Cecily graduate from Kindergarten and celebrating my 10th wedding anniversary (in Hawaii!). And this year, I will turn 40 -- not exactly something I'm looking forward to, but the fact that I'm healthy and alive is cause for celebration, right?

One quick glimpse back at the holidays before I move full-speed ahead into 2012...


I usually run several months (sometimes a year) from taking the photos to scrapping the photos. But I liked these so much I couldn't wait.


I made the die-cuts with some Quickutz dies I've had (and used) for a long time. The bracket shape is one of my favorite dies because it actually cuts that skinny little frame, which you can use in a ton of ways. I used both the positive and negative cuts to create the background for the top. The paper and letter stickers are from the Christmas Town collection by Lily Bee Design.

Hope your new year is off to a fabulous fresh start!


No comments:

Post a Comment