Guaranteed to make you smile (or groan)

Why is it that I feel the need to use puns on cards? Is it a stage that cardmakers go through? Or am I just a total cornball and it's manifesting itself in my cardmaking? Probably the latter. Maybe I'll grow out of it.

But in the meantime, I'll torture my blog followers with all my pun-spinning glory. The latest specimen is a card I created for the weekly card sketch at Paper Popsicles:


Ok, be honest. Did it make you smile? Or did it make you groan? Inquiring minds want to know!

After I finished it, I realized that, while it was cute and punny (or should that be pfunny?), it didn't look a whole lot like the sketch:


So I created this one:


No pun intended (or included) on that one. Just a simple, straightforward card. I used October Afternoon papers and die-cuts, the Fiskars Apron Lace punch, Hero Arts stamp and some ribbon from my stash.

I gotta say, I really prefer the first one. I can't help but "ruff" it.




2 comments:

Jingle said...

I 'ruff' that card!!!! SO STINKING ADORABLE! And I'm all for puns, so you just keep 'em coming! LOL!

Angie Moses said...

love both cards...can't pick a fav! great work

Post a Comment