If only she were always this adorable...

My daughter Cecily can be the sweetest, most charming little girl on Earth. Then, in the blink of an eye, she transforms into a manipulative, screaming monster. We jokingly refer to her as Dr. Jekyll and Miss Hyde, and we're practically certain that someday, she will accept an Oscar or an Emmy or even a Tony for Best Actress.

But when you capture one of her purely sweet moments, it's...well...sweet! And that's what happened when my mother-in-law took Cecily for her first manicure at the ripe old age of 3. No, we're not in the "Toddlers and Tiaras" reality show, and I wouldn't normally splurge on manicures for a girl that age, but my mother-in-law was babysitting and thought it would be a fun way to pass the time. It apparently turned out to be a great photo op because, all of a sudden, I started getting all these photos sent to my iPhone. So I picked my favorites and created a layout as girly and sweet as the moment in the photo:


This layout was inspired by one of the challenges at Scrap-Friendzy -- a "shopping challenge." Basically, you had to use the patterns or color scheme in this bedding ensemble (available at Target) as inspiration for a layout. I didn't really want to do another black/fuschia layout, so I decided to change up the colors and work with the damask pattern instead.

Papers and chipboard are from GCD Studios, border sticker is BasicGrey, letters are Thickers, rub-on is Daisy D's. Oh, and there are diamond Stickles on the polka dots and the white letters.

2 comments:

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

It's perfect! I love the colors you went with and the paper is awesome! Great job!

AmyG said...

This is so adorable! The pics are precious and the page is wonderful!

Post a Comment